The Tiguan may have a baby brother in the making. VW have unveiled a compact SUV, based on the VW Up! chassis.
The key points:
- 3.86 metres long and 1.73 metres wide
- Short overhangs of 708 mm front and 681 mm rear
- 1.0 three cylinder turbo charged engine, producing 110PS and 175NM of Torque
- Six speed manual gearbox
- Car weighs 985kg
- 0-62 in 9.2 seconds
- 115MPH top speed
- 1,473mm front and rear tracks
- 17 inch alloys
- 280 litre boot, increases to 987 litres with the rear seats down
- Split tailgate design
- Temperature and speed is displayed inside the airvents
- Volkswagen are monitoring public reaction, if positive the Taigun will go into production!