Jeep have announced its first baby SUV, the Renegade.
Jeep have given the Renegade a modern take on the Willys MB WW2 Jeep, to us it looks a bit more like a Nissan Cube and Suzuki Jimny cross breeding. But it looks ok?
It features full time 4×4, up to 8.1 inches of wheel articulation and 8.7 inches of ground clearance, a 5 mode selectable terrain system, and it can put 100% of the engines torque through any single wheel for optimal grip.
Being a global model it features 16 powertrain combinations, including:
- Four MultiAir petrol engine offerings
- Two MultiJet II diesel engine offerings
- Efficient and flex-fuel capable E.torQ engine
- Emissions and fuel-saving Stop&Start technology
- Segment-first nine-speed automatic transmission
- Two manual and one dual-dry clutch transmission (DDCT) offerings
It is also the first small SUV to have a nine speed automatic gearbox, this will be offered on the 2.0 and 2.4 litre engines.
For those wanting a more extreme Jeep Renegade you should opt for the Tailhawk model, this top of the range model also features:
- Standard Jeep Active Drive Low (20:1 crawl ratio)
- Selec-Terrain system with exclusive Rock mode
- Increased ride height 20 mm (0.8 inches)
- Skid plates, and red front and rear tow hooks
- Unique bumpers deliver 30.5 degree approach, 25.7 degree breakover and 34.3 degree departure angles
- 17-inch all-terrain tyres
- Up to 205 mm (8.1 inches) of wheel articulation
- Hill-descent Control
- Up to 480 mm (19 inches) of water fording
- Up to 1,500 kg (3,300-lb.) towing capability with MultiJet II diesel engine and 907 kg (2,000-lb.) towing capability with 2.4-litre Tigershark engine, with available tow package
It will go on sale later this year in over 100 countries.